How do I stay safe online?
What can I do to keep myself safe online as a property owner?
- The Stayz Group does not recommend property owners use Western Union or international Barclays accounts as methods of payments for guests, due to recent fraudulent activity being associated with these providers.
- Make sure you keep your login and password details safe, you are responsible for the security of your account. If you receive a change of email or password change notification and did not request this change, do not use these details to login and contact us immediately.
- Never click on a link in an email that asks you for your login or password details.
- You should be wary of suspicious emails claiming to offer Stayz Group services. Never click on a link or open an attachment in any email you think is suspicious.Click here for more information on phishing.
- Be wary of "guests" you have not heard of before, especially if containing links or attachments. Click here for for more information on enquiry scams and false enquiries.
- Make sure when you login into your account that a secure page is showing. A green bar will appear in the address bar when you go to the login page. This verifies that you are at a secure site, but is not a failsafe guarantee that you are at the correct site.
- Update your password regularly - making sure you choose a password that is hard to guess. Make sure your security question answers are known only to you.
- Don't forget to logout of your account after you have finished each session.
- Ensure that you have the latest antivirus software update on your home and office computers.
- Be familiar with general online safety terms. We have an article that provides a definition of some of these terms available here.
- Always use Online Booking when possible. This is the most secure way to make a booking.
- Always be wary of offers that are too good to be true.
- Do not make payment by money transfer services such as Western Union. Be very cautious about making payments to non-Australian bank accounts.
- Please review our article on determining if a listing is legitimate by clicking here.