How can I determine whether a vacation rental owner or property manager is legitimate?
You can also safeguard against this by looking out for the following signs:
- Too good to be true deals or significantly lower rates than other similar properties in the area
- A change in price, location or other significant detail after your initial enquiry
- Property photos that look too good to be true in relation to the price and location
- Photos that have logos from real estate websites
- Give the owner/manager a call prior to submitting payment to an owner or manager. Call the telephone number posted in the details section of listing and speak with them directly. This is not necessary when using the Stayz Online Payment System and 24 hour confirmation properties as these transactions are completed using the Stayz payment system.
- Read the property reviews. Our review system enables travellers to provide a review of a property after their stay and leave comments for future travelers. Owners/managers cannot hide negative reviews on their listings or opt out of the reviews system. The number of stars in a rating gives you an idea of the property itself as well as the experience of past travelers. Owners/managers can post one response to each review, providing an additional opportunity for you to get a feel for the owner/manager.